The Adventurous Training Foundation Wing (Castlemartin) have vacancies for two staff members and these jobs are expected to go live on the Civil Service Jobs website shortly. These are permanent jobs at civil service grade D.
The successful applicants will be required to:
- Deliver Sub Aqua Diver training at Adventurous Training Centre (ATC) in n line in line with current policy and NGB guidelines.
- Brief visiting units, visitors and the Chain of Command (CoC) when necessary.
- Produce reports when required to substantiate training delivery.
- Attend any diving related training where required.
- In liaison with the Centre OC, writing and maintaining the Sub Aqua Diving Risk Assessments (RA’s).
- In liaison with the Centre OC writing and maintaining the centre Standard Operating Instructions (SOI) in relation to Sub Aqua diving.
- Participate for the annual testing of the centre’s emergency action plans (EAP).
- Advise the CoC on technical matters.
- In liaison with other subject matter experts (SME) advise on the procurement and through life care of equipment.
- Inspect and prepare scuba equipment prior to issue.
- Issue and receipt diving equipment to staff and students.
- Compress cylinders as required.
- Prepare and deliver safety dive briefings.
- Supervise daily diving/lessons.
- Drive where required.
- Repair and Maintain equipment where qualified.
- Produce reports on students and staff when required.
- Run air test on compressors to comply with BRd 2806(5).
- Supply cover in other centres when required.
The minimum level of qualifications are:
- British Sub-Aqua Club (BSAC) Advanced Diver
- BSAC Open Water Instructor (OWI)
- BSAC Diver Cox’n
- Marine Radio Operator
- Current Health & Safety Executive Medical
- Current first aid certificate.
Anyone interested in applying should contact Mr Steve Roberts, OC ATFW(C), on 94361 4284 or 01646 662284.