The Adventurous Training (AT) sub aqua diving document set has recently been amended to reflect organisational changes to the Defence Safety Agency (DSA). The newly titled Superintendent of Defence Diving (SODD) has moved into the Navy Safety Centre (NSC) along with the Diving Standards Team.
A small number of typos have also been amended in both DCOP 22 and BRd 2806(5).
The current document set for Adventuruous Training (AT) sub aqua diving is as follows:
- Defence Code of Practice 22 – Guidance on MOD Joint Service Sub-Aqua Diving Projects dated 1 September 2017
- BRd 2806 (5) – Joint Service Sub-Aqua Diving Practices dated May 2017 version 3
The master versions of these documents are located on the Defence intranet but can also be downloaded at the link above (DCOP 22 is contained in the BRd zip file).
The following points should be noted:
- BRd 2806(5) is a large zip file (approx 10.5 MB) that will require extracting onto a local machine
- Many of the pdf annexes in BRd 2806(5) require Adobe Reader to be viewed properly so may not work in browsers such as Safari (apple devices) or Chrome (android devices) – see below for word versions
- Despite a request for annexes to be in word the RN policy is that they should be in pdf format.
All diving supervisors (SADS) should have a copy of these documents in their possession, be familiar with the contents and comply with the regulations within.
On occasion we are asked for word versions of some of the Annexes: