As a BSAC Dive Leader you are are becoming an expert in your field of dive leadership. You will also be competent in planning dives for groups of divers and managing diving on the day including, if necessary, managing rescue situations. This comprehensive course is a mix of classroom-based and practical lessons that will give divers confidence to plan, lead and manage dives, and deal with emergencies.
Leading a dive will develop enjoyment, confidence and experience as a diver. After qualfying, and if you wish, depth can be built progressively to a maximum of 50m. Dive Leaders are eligible to progress to Open Water Instructor.
To enrol on this course you’ll need:
- An in date service sports diving medical
- To be an in date member of BSAC
- To be in current diving practice
- To have a minimum of 20 logged dives.
- To be a qualified BSAC Sports Diver
A BSAC Dive Leader is defined as a diver who:
- Can plan and lead a range of dives including those requiring detailed dive, gas and decompression requirements planning.
- Has rescue management skills.
- Is competent to manage and supervise branch dives to locations well known to the branch.
- Can conduct dives with divers of any grade, to expand their experience beyond that previously encountered by those divers, under the supervision of a Dive Manager.
- Can conduct experience building dives with trainee Ocean Divers, within the restrictions of the conditions already encountered by the trainee Ocean Diver, and under the supervision of a Dive Manager.
The currently planned courses are as shown below:
|Course Number||Start Date||End Date||Bid By Date|
|DLC20-01||18 May 20||22 May 20||23 Mar 20|
|DLC20-02||15 Jun 20||19 Jun 20||20 Apr 20|
|DLC20-03||16 Nov 20||20 Nov 20||21 Sep 20|