The combined Advanced Instructor event takes the form of a 3-day preparatory (AIC) course followed by a 2-day practical and theory examination (AIE). It is also possible to do the AIC separately.
To enrol on this course you’ll need:
- An in date service sports diving medical
- To be an in date member of BSAC
- To be in current diving practice
- To be a qualified BSAC Advanced Diver and Open Water Instructor
- To be a minimum of BSAC Boathandler or RYA Level 2 Powerboat (Coastal)
A BSAC Advanced Instructor is qualified to teach diving up to the Advanced Diver level. With additional training and experience they can also teach the full range of development courses.
The currently planned dates for the five day combined Advanced Instructor event (AIC & AIE) are shown below:
|Course Number||Start Date||End Date||Bid By Date|
This course is also run at the JS Adventurous Training Wing (Cyprus).
Click here for information about applying for a course.