The Branch SADS qualification is aimed at Dive Leaders operating within a service branch. There is no formal assessment, other than an open book BRd 2806(5) exam, although we do reserve the right to withhold the award of the qualification.
To enrol on this course you’ll need:
- An in date service sports diving medical
- To be an in date member of BSAC
- To be in current diving practice
- To be a minimum of BSAC Dive Leader and have completed 30 logged dives since qualification
- A recommendation from your Branch Diving Officer
It is not mandatory to have the following in order to attend the course but they are a requirement before the qualification will be awarded:
- To possess a recognised boat handling qualification, such as the BSAC Boathandling course
- To be qualified to use Marine VHF Radios
- An in date Branch Dive Site Register
BSADS are authorised to supervise AT sub-aqua diving as part of diving operations lasting 48 hours or less (i.e. not on an expedition as defined in JSP 419) within a registered Service dive branch and at all sites registered by that Branch.
On an approved expedition a BSADS may deputise for an ESADS as currently allowed for a BSAC Advanced Diver subject to certain limits, and in accordance with extant regulations.
The currently planned courses are as shown below:
|Course Number||Start Date||End Date||Bid By Date|
|BSADS18-06||19 Nov 18||23 Nov 18||24 Sep 18|
Applying for a course
To apply for a BSADS cse you’ll need to:
- Fill in the normal course application which can be found here
- Also complete the BSADS application form.