BSAC Sports Diver training builds on the scuba skills learnt in the Ocean Diver course and helps develop your confidence, skills and experience in the water to allow you to enjoy a wider range of diving sites and conditions. The course builds a sound foundation of open water diving skills and experience with structured, practical lessons. This is a good way of getting more dives under your belt while learning under the supervision of a qualified instructor.
To enrol on this course you’ll need:
- An in date service sports diving medical
- To be an in date member of BSAC
- To be in current diving practice
- To be a qualified BSAC Ocean Diver
A BSAC Sports Diver is defined as a diver who is competent to:
- Conduct dives to 20m (if you choose to do the post qualification progress dives, the depth is increased in 5m increments to 35m)
- Conduct dives with a BSAC Ocean Diver within the restrictions of the conditions already encountered by the Ocean Diver
- Conduct dives with another BSAC Sports Diver, within the restrictions of the conditions already encountered during training.
- Conduct dives with a Dive Leader or higher grade, to expand experience beyond the conditions encountered during training, under the supervision of a Dive Manager.
- Use breathing gas mixes up to Nitrox 36
- Plan and conduct dives requiring mandatory decompression stops
- Rescue a casualty and provide basic life support
- Support the role of Dive Manager by acting as a competent deputy
The currently planned courses are as shown below:
|Course Number||Start Date||End Date||Bid By Date|
|SPC19-01||20 May 19||24 May 19||25 Mar 19|
|SPC19-02||17 Jun 19||21 Jun 19||22 Apr 19|
|SPC19-03||12 Aug 19||16 Aug 19||17 Jun 19|