2016 JSSADC Programme
The 2016 JSSADC programme has now been produced and all courses can be found on the website. The key change is that we’ve simplified the process to get to ESADS. From the end of this year, there will no longer be separate Expedition SADS Development and Branch SADS courses. They’ve been merged together to create a single course which will be tailored to those attending.
In order to build on the increasing numbers going through the SADS process, we’re also now offering more opportunities to get on the Branch SADS course and take the ESADS assessment. It is very much hoped that this will further increase the numbers of active BSADS and ESADS out there.
Some other particular highlights of the 2016 programme are:
- More instructor training opportunities with four Combined Instructor Events. We’re also putting on an Instructor Foundation Course for Sports divers taking place just before the 2016 Diving Safety Conference (16 Mar 16).
- Two Advanced Diver courses, one of which includes a mini expedition in order to allow the completion of the experience dives.
- New courses (for us) including Collective First Aid Training and Mixed Gas Blending
- More crossover courses for those trained with other agencies including PADI, SSI and military divers.
- Plenty of boat courses; Small Boathandling, Chartwork and Position Fixing, Marine Radio Operator and Diver Coxswain Assessment
- Technical courses; Closed Circuit Rebreather and Advanced Twinset with the opportunity to consolidate/develop these skills on the Advanced Diving Week.
The programme is also available to download from this link (version 4 – dated Jan 16)