If you’ve always wanted to learn how to dive, then this is the course for you. Aimed at total beginners it provides the essential knowledge and skills needed for open water diving. Starting in the safety of a swimming pool you’ll gain experience and confidence that will allow you to dive to a maximum depth of 20m.
To enrol on this course you’ll need:
- A service sports diving medical
- A basic level of comfort in the water
- To demonstrate that you can swim 200m in swimwear
A BSAC Ocean Diver is defined as a diver who is competent to conduct dives:
- To a maximum depth of 20m.
- With another BSAC Ocean Diver or with a BSAC Sports Diver, within the restrictions of the conditions already encountered during training.
- With a Dive Leader or higher grade, to expand experience beyond the conditions encountered during training, under the supervision of a Dive Manager.
- Not requiring mandatory decompression stops.
- Under the on-site supervision of a Dive Manager with respect to site selection, conditions and dive plan.
The currently planned courses are as shown below:
|Course Number||Start Date||End Date||Bid By Date|
|ODC20-01||6 Apr 20||9 Apr 20||10 Feb 20|
|ODC20-02||1 Jun 20||5 Jun 20||6 Apr 20|
|ODC20-03||27 Jul 20||31 Jul 20||1 Jun 20|
|ODC20-04||10 Aug 20||14 Aug 20||15 Jun 20|
|ODC20-05||14 Sep 20||18 Sep 20||20 Jul 20|
|ODC20-06||28 Sep 20||2 Oct 20||3 Aug 20|
The next qualification is Sports Diver which can be attended immediately on completion of this course. Many of our courses run back to back in order to allow successful applicants to progress immediately.